Sunday, July 21, 2013

What Do You Think When You See '420 Friendly' On a Dating Profile?

I've had a few folks ask me variations of this question of late, so I thought it was high time (excuse the pun) to discuss it here. When someone you're dating, or, someone you're talking to via an online dating site, mentions that they're "420 friendly," what do you say? Does it matter to you?

For some folks, it's a non-issue. I've talked to many who don't see smoking marijuana as a problem, or who would rather date a person who already approves of their choice. In my neck of the woods, '420' commonly appears in dating site profiles, and I've had quite a few folks tell me they're uninterested in dating unless their potential partner is a pot smoker, activist, or at the very least, tolerant of it's occasional use.

I'm not going to get into the ethics or legal aspects of marijuana use, as there are others with infinitely more expertise in the field than I. (See: What Does 420 Mean?, Why Marijuana is Illegal, and Marijuana Facts.) What I will say however is this: marijuana use, like smoking, drinking, religion, children, and politics, are all deal-breaking topics for many singles. Whether you live in an area where marijuana is legal or not, it's eventually a discussion many of us will have at some point in time - again, depending on where you live, sometimes it's a conversation that will occur more than others.

What do you think, dear readers? Is smoking marijuana a deal breaker for you? Do you mention anything 420-related in your online dating profile? Does it matter to you if your date is open to marijuana use, or dead set against it?

Related: Strange Love - Unusual Dating Sites, Marijuana Use and Teens.

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment